The Desktop Support Technician will provide assistance to end-users in a timely and accurate fashion. This includes installing, configuring, diagnosing (troubleshooting problem areas), repairing, maintaining and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance.
- Assist users with hardware and software issues
- Conduct failure analyses
- Setup workstations and peripherals timeously for new and current staff.
- Implement timeous software updates
- Assist in IT training support for users
- Maintain current individual equipment logs
- Ensure systems such as BEST TIME, VIP, access control systems, machinery operations are efficient.
- Action helpdesk
- Check equipment according to the individual equipment log for departing employees.
- Conduct audits on all equipment at least annually
- Maintain asset registers
- Maintain helpdesk
- Update helpdesk on completion of assigned task
- Manage IT documentation and records as
- Report daily, weekly, monthly on IT unresolved issues, threats and planned activities.
- Grade 12 (Essential)
- Valid code 08 driver’s license
- Qualification in an industry related field and / or a relevant Information technology degree or diploma (Essential).
- Graduates with at least 6 months experience
- Job Type : Full Time
- Industry : IT / Telecom
- Educational Specialization : Information Technology