A reputable Manufacturing company requires the services of a Fitter to join their dynamic team.
You as the Fitter will be responsible for all mechanical equipment and installations including ladders and lifting equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Inspecting, Testing and Repairing
- Undertakes routine inspecting and testing of all mechanical installations and
- Detects potential failures.
- Undertakes all the mechanical installations at the factory as requested by Foreman/Factory Manager.
- Responsible for the maintenance of plant and equipment as stipulated by the planned maintenance system.
- Supervises and delegates work to his subordinates assigned to him.
- Maintains moral and team spirit within his department.
- Mentors his subordinates assigned at every opportunity to develop their mechanical knowledge and skills.
Safety & Housekeeping
- Maintains high safety standards by ensuring that all mechanical installations and equipment comply with the relevant code of practice. Ie machine guarding, conveyors etc.
- Request Purchase Requisition for all mechanical spares/equipment required.
- Maintains all files and records in respect of Health and Safety requirements.
- Job Type : Full Time
- Industry : Manufacturing
- Educational Specialization : Engineering